Wednesday, July 30, 2008

DANENDRAN'S 1ST YEAR BDAY INVITATIONI started planning for my son’s first birthday party when he was about six months old. I started with Internet searches for boyish themes and ideas and then poured over craft books and magazines for more inspiration. At the time, I was feeling pretty ambitious and even thought about what sort of cake I would bake and how it would be decorated. I consulted friends to see what types of parties they had for their kids or what kind of parties they were planning to have.
What I found was a wide range of ideas of what a first birthday party should be. I had one friend who wanted it to be family only, at home, with a simple cake and just a few presents. Then I met a another friend who told me she had a carnival themed party for her one-year-old, complete with pony rides, a popcorn machine, and clowns. The carnival idea was cute, but way out of our budget. Not to mention that my son and his friends were at an age where clowns would’ve terrified and popcorn would’ve choked them.


So I decided I would try to fall somewhere in the middle. I would invite his cousins, friends,clown and a sand art booth for the kids.I planned to ask Azrina( My Goodie- good friend) to bake the cake.I needed a theme.Both my sons love to watch BARNEY.That made me to choose BARNEY as the theme,complete with purple and white everything would be prefect. The idea for his cake was coming together, too. I would just make a rectangle shaped cake with BARNEY’S head in it with pink canned icing; chocolate flavored.

I went to one place where I did a mental tally of just the basics I would need and it added up to nearly RM 360 ( just for the party packs). Yikes, I would certainly have to scale back my plans a little so we would be able to afford to buy her a present, too.I still I haven't figured out what my son was going to wear to the party. I want to dress him like a prince.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent, planning in adavance makes you perfect example